From: DTS66::LEDERMAN "B. Z. Lederman" 12-NOV-1992 14:28:20.37
To: MX%"[email-masked]"
Cc: LEDERMAN

Dear Sir;

    I downloaded the source code for the Bywater BASIC Interpreter
 with the intention of compiling it for a VAX/VMS system.  I am,
 however, running into a couple of difficulties, and would like to
 know if you could answer a couple of questions.

    The first is, do you know if anyone has already done this, and
 if so, were they successful, and did they have to change the
 source code in any way?

    I downloaded the MS-DOS version of the file, and I believe
 that all of the components extracted correctly.  However, there
 are two functions which are called but not defined.  One is
 putenv (called by BWB_CMD.C), the other is unlink (called by
 BWB_DIO.C).   Does the absence of these two functions indicate
 that I am missing part of the source code?  If not, could you
 please explain what these two function do, and where I can obtain
 copies of the code?

    Thank you very much.

 Bart Z. Lederman
 System Resources Corporation, working for:
 U.S. Department of Transportation
 Volpe National Transportation Systems Center
 Cambridge, MA