From: DTS66::LEDERMAN "B. Z. Lederman" 24-NOV-1992 13:21:06.09
To: MX%"[email-masked]"
Cc: LEDERMAN

I have made considerable progress.  The program now will
 accept and run simple programs, and will execute commands.

    The problem was that bwb_cmdtable (and err_table) were being
 initialized in BWB_TBL.  I built the program the easiest way on
 VMS: I compile each module, and put the object code into a
 library.  I then build (link) the program by explicitly
 referencing the main module (BWBASIC), and then let the linker
 search the library to resolve any undefined references.  I also
 specify that the linker search three system Run-Time Libraries
 explicitly, and it will search others by default.  Since
 bwb_cmdtable is defined in BWBASIC.H, there was no undefined
 reference for it to resolve, so it never loaded BWB_TBL.  By
 adding BWB_TBL to the list of modules to be explicitly loaded,
 the tables are now initialized properly.

    I think there are still two more portability warnings during
 compilation.  One is in the main routine, at

 signal (SIGINT, break_mes);

 about mixing pointer types.  I think it's because break_mes isn't
 declared until later in the source code.  I will try to find the
 other one, if there is one.

    Thanks for making the code public.