Subject: VMSHEX.MAR
From: <[email-masked]> (Eric McQueen)
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 87 17:01 MST

Dear Kermit,

I've had several problems with VMSHEX.MAR and VMSDEH.MAR so I modified them
today.

My version of VMSDEH.MAR supports both 16-bit-address and 32-bit-address
format files by changing the ':' that starts each line to '<' for 32-bit-
address lines (you can also use 24-bit addresses by putting ';' on the front of
a line).  It no longer requires the output files to be contiguous (believe it
or not we didn't have 95 contiguous blocks on a 3-volume set of RA81s).  I
assume that ';' and '<' make about as much sense as opening characters as ':'
and this approach has the advantage of being backward compatable.

My version of VMSHEX.MAR uses only 32-bit-address lines (I originally intended
to use 16-, 24-, and 32-bit-address lines as needed to decrease the size of
the hex files but it's been a long day and, hey, it works, and that can be
added later) so each line of a hex file it produces begins with "<".

I also made some minor changes to make the files easier to transfer and more
tolerable of MACRO/DISABLE=GLOBAL.  I have removed all the form feeds from the
files because they tend to get in my way.  I hope no one will miss them.

Eric McQueen, Utah State University